Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MODS & WARRANTIES

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MODS & WARRANTIES

i'm wondering if i add an exhaust system and maybe a couple of the entry level mods to my engine (ram air and an k&n air filter) will it void any warranties? i have an 02 Z-28

thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2003, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: MODS & WARRANTIES

They can't void your warranty unless the part you replace causes something to go bad. If you put a blower on your car and blow a head gasket, they will void the warranty on your drivetrain. But they still have to fix your window motor if it goes out under warranty. It only affects the part of the car that was modified. They'll try to screw you around of course. But,I took my car in to have the rear pinion seal replaced at 15K miles
and still had my nitrous bottle in the car, full and everything. They replaced it with no hassle. Even complimented me on my car..Go figure.

<small>[ February 25, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Patrolman808 ]</small>
Old 02-25-2003, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Legal they have to 'prove' that your aftermarket part is the direct cause of the trouble. However if your dealer is ***** they can jack you in ways ya would never think of. According to GM service headquarters - they have to rely on the field managers decisions. My field manager accused me of racing first off because of the NHRA badging on the car lol then said that the ASP pully drives the oil pump (low pressure problem). After pointing out that the badges were also under warrenty because they were a factory option and the oil pump is not driven off a external belt they now claim that the dampener ballances the motor so now the entire motor is out of ballance thus voiding any warrenty on it haha. Still waiting for the regional manager to show to inspect the car and explain that one to me.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys.. any other info out there?