Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why do some Mustang drivers act like total Pricks!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Why do some Mustang drivers act like total ******!!!!!

Why is it that most guys in Mustangs are arrogant ******? No offense to some of the Mustang guys on here becasue most of you are pretty cool, but it seems like that 99% of the time, people around here with Stangs are ******. Example.

My wife and I were leaving the movies tonight and on the way home through town, we pull up to a stop light and what should roll up beside me but a new '05-'06 black GT Mustang. I glanced over at the car, but had my windows up and the tint is so dark, that the guy driving could not see me. Nice looking ride with aftermarket rims/tires, tinted windows, and side exhaust. Now, on a normal night if I was by myself, I would rev the gas so he could hear the TSP true duals rumble and it would be on. However on this night, the wife was with me, and I did not really feel like hearing any bitching becausee she hates when I race (according to her it is childish and a waste of time. I guess they just don't get it.).

So the light changes and this guys slams on the gas and takes off. I do nothing and just take off normally from the light. Well, I see this guy hit the breaks and slow down in the right lane. As I get almost to him (rememeber this is in town, only doing about 35 - 40), he slams down on the gas again and takes off. Well he does this **** a couple of more times and I am really starting to get pissed off, and my wife could tell!! Finally, the 5th time he did this ****, when I got close and heard him throttle down, I nailed it and pulled him hard, and kept going. This apparently pissed him off.

So this guy whips into the left lane and proceeds to ride my ***. So close that I could not see his tail-lights. After about half mile of this **** and hearing him rev the engine, I stood on the f*ing breaks and watched him swerve right, at which point he proceeded to blow the horn ( and I am sure he was cussing me in the car). Finally, my turn came up and we went our seperate ways.

Sorry for the long post, but I just needed to vent. Why are some people such ******? I mean I am sure he was proud of his car and wanted to race just like any of us, but after me not biting the first 4 times, you think he would get the damn point.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure on a mustang site you will find an abundance of cockbag LS1 owners. THe point is, every group has its bad apple. The Nissan guys hate Honda guys and vice versa, there will always be someone who ruins the game.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Banned

Its not the car.... Its the Driver.
It just gives you a bad impression on the car.

I for one like the Terminators. I also Like Supra's, 300ZX's, 3000GT's, Vipers etc...
Old 06-04-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stanger88
I am sure on a mustang site you will find an abundance of cockbag LS1 owners. THe point is, every group has its bad apple. The Nissan guys hate Honda guys and vice versa, there will always be someone who ruins the game.
I agree. I've run into ****** in just about every make and model.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Its not the car.... Its the Driver.
It just gives you a bad impression on the car.
I have to agree. You have those people that buy a sportscar to be the fastest out there. I run into them here, which generally turns out to be someone with and exhaust and some rims, and they back down or try to act hard when they lose. But most people I either meet or get a fun run against are pretty cool. Just the nature of people everywhere.

There are those who just love sportscars in general and we just pick our poison. (GM, since I can't afford the McLaren)

And then you have those who buy one to be the coolest and fastest person out there. Thankfully they grow away from sportscars and leave the fun to us.

That's my opinion.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Im with burnzilla on this one. They're are alot of ingnan't (that's 1 degree past ignorant!) people out on the road. People like that are just looking for trouble. You never know who they are either. One time I had a silver mustang with a realy good sounding exhaust and a steeda body kit doing the same kind of thing to me. Finally I gave in and jumped on it . We came up to a light and the guy got a major attitude. He finally pulled out a police badge on me and threatened to bring me in!!! After he kept taunting me! He was just plain ingnan't just like the guy in the 05 - 06 was to you.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there deffinitly isnt a shortage of ****** for people driving any type of car.. but then there are some that are suprisingly nice.. i raced a mustang gt 06( second one racing so i already knew i had him) but the first time he pulls nexto me and i was in 6th he just drops it, so i slowly give it more gas and catch him when hes done accelertating , then he tries it again he got about 2 cars before i slammed it in second gear and caught him and kept going till i got to 120 by that time i was way ahead.. he gave me the thumbs up before he turned off, most other mustang drivers would be all pissed off , but that guy was just happy to race some one i guess..the most ****** ive seen on the road at once was narrowed down to colorado at denver.. in my sisters 350z people were cutting me off left and right.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

yeah unfortunately ****** drive all cars and give other owners a bad name out of all the mustang guys i know about 90% of them have been cool as hell, they were mostly motor heads just like me, some i would race and whatever the outcome afterwords we'd pull over bs, thumbs up, whatever but the majority of the mustang guys i have come across have been cool guys

you come across bad apples no matter what people drive i have come across some asshat 5.0 guys, lt1 guys, ls1 guys the works
Old 06-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a 4th gen teggy from a 70 roll. As is my tradition with those cars, I ran him in 5th gear . Pulled easily. He looked asshurt, but before he turned off he looked at me (they always do) and I smiled and gave him a thumbs up, suprisingly he cracked a grin and returned it. (he knew I was in OD b/c his window was down and my engine never changed rpm, just pitch. I guess I was kinda being dick by doing that though.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm with everybody else, there are dumbasses in every make and model.

Take for instance the kid I met friday night. He has a cammed/sprayed LT1 that sounded badass, but the kid started talking **** to everybody about how badass his car was. I started trying to get the rundown of the car, and somehow we can across the rear end.

Apparently, his LT1 was magically graced with stock independent rear suspension with no half shafts? I can understand being a car expert, but dont talk **** to everybody else and look like a total tool...
Old 06-05-2006, 06:11 AM
On The Tree

Just to make sure I'm clear, I definetly have nothing against Mustang's or Mustang owners. To each thier own, as far as car choice goes. I was just pissed off. I realize that it only takes a few bad ones to tag the entire group with a bad name.

I hope I have offended no Mustang guys on this board. Everyone here, for the most part, is cool.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

There's a LOT of Mustangs of various years on the roads, so even if a small percentage of the owners are ****** it still adds-up to a lot of folks...

.. probably just as many a-holes (percentage-wise) driving F-Bodies, Corvettes, GTO's, Etc,..
Old 06-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Teching In

I'll agree with 98WS6 as well as for 88Stanger. I use to own a 00WS6 until I destoyed it. When I had my WS6 it seemed like every one with a TA, WS6, or Firehawk would give a peace sign with out me even knowning the person. Some SS and Z28 heads too. There were a few ******. I know own a 88 5.0 that I'm currently working on. Since I've had it most of the 5.0. or Mustang guys in my area are punks. Not all cause there are a few that are down to earth and know there sh*t and will give props to most cars and except a lose or a win. Most of the ones where I'm from are bunch of wanna be rap stars just reving when you pass by. They add flows and a filter and think there running in the 10's. When you race them and they lose they come up with the lamest excuses. But like 88Stanger said there some in all the bunches.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by my98ws6
Why do some Mustang drivers act like total ******!!!!!
Simple...95% of the people in the world are morons. There are millions
of Mustangs. Therefore, there are millions of morons driving them.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Well said
Old 06-09-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Tools drive just about any type of car, but different areas have varying numbers of tools in X cars. Around here, I've run into more of them driving imports then domestics, but I'm sure there are bad apples out there. I just haven't run into any yet...

Jason
Old 06-09-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

That was very well put. The same goes for camaros, T/A, vettes, old school muscle, ricers, exotics and every single type of car on the road. The world is full of stupid people
Old 06-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
The world is full of stupid people
It's sad and unfortunate, but it's true.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's sad and unfortunate, but it's true.
At least it's more true for rice. I'd rather take my chance with one of our own drivers, or even our Mustang friends.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

and there are millions more of those morons driving around minivans. Nothing like seeing someone driving one of those down the road like they're Jeff Gordon....