Red Light Camera Locations

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb Red Light Camera Locations

May be a repost, co-worker sent this to me, but heads up on the stoplight camera locations.

The first group of ten red light cameras used to monitor red light running will be installed at the following intersections: Bay Area Blvd.
@ El Camino Real, Bellaire @ Fondren, Bellaire @ Wilcrest, Bingle @ Pinemont, Elgin @ Milam, Hilcroft @ Harwin, Hillcroft @ Westpark, John F.
Kennedy @ Greens Rd. and Richmond @ Dunvale, Travis @ Webster.
Installation is scheduled to begin within the next 2 * 3 weeks. These sites were selected based on the number of crashes that occurred at the intersection and number of crashes that occurred at the intersections where red light running was a contributing factor.

Big Brother is watching you. From what I understand, will cost an automatic $75.00 to the OWNER of the car, they don't care who is driving.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

10,000 people a day are going to get owned at hillcroft&harwin
thx for the info!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a good Idea to me I am tired of almost getting t-boned because people cant seem to stop at a red light.

Simple way for people to stop the cops from installing these cameras if they dont like it. Stop at red lights then they wouldnt need to put the cameras up.

I have only lived in Houston for a year but have been driving for 16 years and I have never seen so many people just go through red lights. I see 3-5 just coming into work every morning and the same going home.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by greggvh
Sounds like a good Idea to me I am tired of almost getting t-boned because people cant seem to stop at a red light.

Exactly!! Don't run the freakin lights. It isn't worth the 2min wait. I think these lights are a great idea.

Brian
Old 06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
May be a repost, co-worker sent this to me, but heads up on the stoplight camera locations.

The first group of ten red light cameras used to monitor red light running will be installed at the following intersections: Bay Area Blvd.
@ El Camino Real, Bellaire @ Fondren, Bellaire @ Wilcrest, Bingle @ Pinemont, Elgin @ Milam, Hilcroft @ Harwin, Hillcroft @ Westpark, John F.
Kennedy @ Greens Rd. and Richmond @ Dunvale, Travis @ Webster.
Installation is scheduled to begin within the next 2 * 3 weeks. These sites were selected based on the number of crashes that occurred at the intersection and number of crashes that occurred at the intersections where red light running was a contributing factor.

Big Brother is watching you. From what I understand, will cost an automatic $75.00 to the OWNER of the car, they don't care who is driving.
Are the cameras gonna take shots at the car from the front and the back or just the front?

Not planning on running any red lights, but most of us guys dont have front plates.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Funny you should say that chadtx01 because I think that is the resone for this post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/521342-houston-police-crackdown.html
Old 06-09-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I saw that but it got too long for me to read. I'm just wondering if they are taking pics of the back of the cars too.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chadtx01
I saw that but it got too long for me to read. I'm just wondering if they are taking pics of the back of the cars too.
good question man I don't know, was on the news last night not sure they stated, I'm thinking it's from behind myself because of the statistics of non-front LP running folks...umm....like me
Old 06-09-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

That would make more sense, especially since they dont car about the driver, they are citing the vehicle. I've seen a few times they took the front so they could show the driver behind the wheel, guess that keeps them from using the excuse "I let my friend borrow it"
Old 06-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Mustang Moderator

Good idea I think, this is one of those laws that is actually put in place for the protection of us.

Lets just hope they don't snap that picture halfway through a yellow light!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stang Man
Lets just hope they don't snap that picture halfway through a yellow light!
Exactly. Or those lightning quick yellows. I wish everyone would just stop running lights. I like to take off on green... not sit for a second to make sure I dont get wtf pwned by someone putting on make up.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my dad said he read a report on those lights and they don't do either of what their supposed to. Bring in a lot more money for the city and reduce wrecks at those intersections. the amount brought in is much lower, can't remember how much but ridiculous, and wrecks increase by 600%. People smash the brakes to avoid running the light and get rearended instead.

i'm sure they need them but watch out behind you.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:32 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One of the things they do when they install these cameras is to shorten the time of the yellow light to "catch" more people. Basically they rig the intersection to create more folks running the light.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J-Rod
One of the things they do when they install these cameras is to shorten the time of the yellow light to "catch" more people. Basically they rig the intersection to create more folks running the light.
sounds about right... they're always down to screw you...

the only time i might run it is.... i might catch the yellow/red color change... because its easier to speed up to miss a red light, then to slam the brakes!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Ofcourse there is a legal minimum tim for a yellow. If they are cought shortening the yellow to under the minimum then all the tickets have to be refunded/dismissed I believe. But I doesn't surprise me one bit. I saw a news report where some guysomewhere got popped and he swore it was a short yellow. So he investigated and the news did too and it was short. People got their money back, he was a hero and I forgot if anything happened to the city though.

Originally Posted by treysoucie
sounds about right... they're always down to screw you...

the only time i might run it is.... i might catch the yellow/red color change... because its easier to speed up to miss a red light, then to slam the brakes!
Agreed, and safer too since there is a slight delay between your red and another's green. I trust my brakes but not the uninsured ******* behind me. I saw one woman slam her brakes at a light and stopped in the middle of the intersection (Guess she cant operate ABS). It cause more trouble than if she had just gunned it.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Horrible idea.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

they need one on hwy 288 @ beltway 8. was driving thru that intersection going the speed limit 55 mph on my green. soon as i got to the second light. i smashed into a red light runner. a 88 chevy silverado. totalled both our rides and put him in the hospital. talking to the wreckers and the police. it was a high accident intersection. i was the 14th crash of the day!
Old 06-10-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we got one of these camera setups @ hwy. 6 & clay rd. i always skim through that **** right at the yellow/red change... its like its timed perfectly to fvck you.... i havnt got a ticket in the mail yet... but its only a matter of time.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by treysoucie
we got one of these camera setups @ hwy. 6 & clay rd. i always skim through that **** right at the yellow/red change... its like its timed perfectly to fvck you.... i havnt got a ticket in the mail yet... but its only a matter of time.
I know that intersection.. yeah.. it's quick... especially turning from clay to hwy heading to I 10.