Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major mod time: cruise control... can I install it on my car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 06:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major mod time: cruise control... can I install it on my car?

The one thing I kind of wanted (besides the LS1) was cruise control. Needless to say I don't have it or else I wouldn't be posting this, lol.

Is there any sort of aftermarket cruise control or way to (easily) install cruise control onto a car that didn't come with it?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Major mod time: cruise control... can I install it on my car?

I have a cruise control unit off of a 2000 Z. Let me know if you want it.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

What is involved with the unit? Does it plug into the ECM? Is there a special button or arm on the steering column? Are there differences in the 00 and 02 versions?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Teching In

I'm in the same boat here (no cruise control) and also wanted to add it. Biochem, have you done the install yet? If anyone could give me more information on this I would appreciate it.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure but I thinkg the plug is there where the cruise mounts under the drivers side access panel LOOK FIRST
if it is then it will not be that involved. I am not 100% on this but it will only take a few minuted to look. A few 10mm and you should see either an 8 or a 10 pin connector. I know I've seen them tucked up in there before but not sure if people removed it from the vehicles I've looked at.
I might have the right wiring harness for some one to do it right like factory I would need to know make and options and if possible the number on the main harness(Usually a blue or yellow tag like tape around a portion of the harness.Good luck I have built a few (4) but I can not remember what we did ETC... I would have to research it again. Good luck. Let me know if I can help.