Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP F/L Header setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP F/L Header setup

I got a quote from SLP and a mechanic as to how much all the parts and installation would cost and it came up to about $2000.00. First of all, does this sound about right? and second, is this setup worth doing?
Old 03-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: SLP F/L Header setup

Seems a bit high. I bought the SLP setup and installation ran about $1400. I did not buy the cats though I went with the race pipes from TByrne. I am happy with my setup.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

I paid about $1200 for my SLP LT headers w/y-pipe and high flow cats. save yourself $800 and install them yourself. just get a good friend to help and some gloves to protect your nuckles. it took me and a friend about 8 hours of swearing and bleeding to get it done. but..well worth it.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

i paid $100 to get mine installed by another board member....i didnt see much of a gain as to rwhp on a dyno i gained 9hp and 7lbs of tq my catback isnt known for being the best flowing for ls1's though.(flowmaster), alot of cams and head packages offered by performance shops use different types of headers and try to stay away from slp lt's, on a different note they are great quality headers and sound great do a search and read a bit on the different opinions there has been a few more posts regarding these headers...this was just my personal opinion