Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Price? What setup for daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price? What setup for daily driver?

ive kicked around different ideas of what to do with the car since i like to drive it alot.

so i thought doing a turbo would prolly work the best.

as of now the car is stock internally.

im looking to see what setup would be the best for a daily application? what parts should i look into getting and what are most paying for the install?

also i figure since the car has high mileage itl prolly go not long after and id have it all rebuilt and try to make some good hp with this car.

but any info on the kit to buy what extras to get and about what to pay for the install would be great??

also are the turbos better with an auto or the 6 speed? im thinkin about converting to the 6 speed for more fun driving around town.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Restricted User

On a stock car you can safely run 5-6psi all day long without worry...depending on turbo size and other factors.

Do you need to retain A/C? If it's hot where you're located and you can't survive without rolling the windows down, our single turbo truck manifold kit would work well for what you're considering on a daily driver. We also are offering a tubular header kit that will retain A/C.

Install time depends on the kit. You're looking between 6-10 hours to install our kit (depending on tools and ability), for us to do it between 4 and 6 hours ($60/hr. for a turbo kit install w/ purchase).

Yes, on a high mileage car, I wouldn't push it unless you have unlimited funds and a great tuner.

Turbos work well with either an automatic car or stick car. Depending on turbo size, you want to match your converter on an automatic car with the turbo and other engine components.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

the price of your kits on your website is without turbos? am i correct?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Restricted User

Yes, that is correct but we can also sell them with turbos. Our kits are offered in stages so people who don't have 4, 5 or 6 thousand for a complete kit can get into an F.I. setup as their paycheck or time permits.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome!