Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

simplify air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simplify air intake?

ok...why the heck is it so complicated and $$$....

FTRA-200
Filter-50
Lid-100
MAF-180
Bellows-50
total 580 for a COLD AIR SYSTEM....wtf...

why hasnt someone made an entire one piece system? from the maf to the bottom of the radiator??....

i was looking around and theres plenty of room to do this...perhaps make more power...
Old 03-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Default Re: simplify air intake?

you can go and get the "Flow Pac" form SLP and other companies have these too, you just have to search

here's slp:

SLP Cold Air Flow Pac

it comes with everything for 300 dollars: CAI, Lid, Smooth Bellow, KN air filter

and your stock maf will last you a long time unless you do serious hp, if you wanted, you get maf ends or descreen it

another thing you can do is buy a KN cold air system does not use an air box for about 300 and then there is a couple others that use the same idea but you will not get the cold air effect from the raditor from those... you get those and fab up a cold air kit from slp and make it fit in this type of system, i've seen a guy do it once, looked great

if any questions, ask away
Old 03-22-2003, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: simplify air intake?

no i have everything i listed..im just curious why no one has made a 1-piece full intake yet thats all