Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need from a stock intake...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need from a stock intake...

to hook up this new Volant CAI?

You see, I replaced my stock set up with a K&N FIPK and no longer have the stock parts. When trying to install the Volant, the tube that goes into the Volant box and hooks up to the filter will not fit. The K&N also included a replacement hose behind the MAF so I believe without that being put back to stock it may be too long for the Volant.

So my questions:

1. what are the names of these pieces so I can post a thread in the parts wanted section?

2. If anyone has experiance making this same change, could I get away with just replacing the tube that leads directly into the Volant CAI or will I need to replace that other tube behind the MAF as well?
Old 07-08-2006, 05:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the top
Old 07-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankx for the bump wilwaxu! I totally forgot about this thread I started. All I needed was a plastic ribbed tube from the stock intake that connected from the MAF to the Volant. I still don't know what it's called but it only cost me a couple of bucks and is good to go now.