Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Those with 17x11 - 315's...I have a question for ya...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Those with 17x11 - 315's...I have a question for ya...

Hey guys,

So I'm going to be getting some 17x11 wheels with the 315's tires.

I was thinking about sending my wheels and tires to Big-O-Tires. I know a guy there.I figure they could put the tires on the wheels, and balance them for me.

The only thing I am worried about is that the Rears will be rubbing alot. I don't want to drive from Big O with them rubbing the whole time home. I'm not sure if the guys at Big O, would want to hammer some things down. And I'm not sure if I would want them too.

Is this a good plan? Would I be alright to do it that way. Or do
I have to get the tires put on the wheels and wieghted,...then take them back to my place,...and put them on myself.

What is the best way to figure out the whole "rubbing" issue. Is it a big problem? And how do you guys fix it?

THANKS!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

The only way i could truly get the rubbing to stop after several tries on the rear was finally going with the stock springs, adj bmr panhard bar (to get the rear end centered), and wheel adapters, and this was after bending the fender lip and cutting off the bump stops, if you use spacers you run the risk of breaking them.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have a panhard rod and it only rubs on the outside...i need the fender roller mod
Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on the brand of tire. Some 315s are wider than others. Nittos are among the most narrow, sumitumos and some of the goodyears are wider. Ive had both the sumitumos and the nittos on my car, both fit decently. My car is lowered on DMS springs and bilstein shocks, has an adj panhard bar and bmr lcas (dont think the lcas make a difference but the adj panhard does for sure). I didnt remove the bumpstops, just jackup the rearend when installing/removing the wheels/tires. The only rubbing issues ive had are the inner fender lip on the outer edge. I had a friend of mine cut them outward instead of rolling them up under due to some filler that had been used on one side previously and he was afraid the paint might crack visibly if it was rolled. The nittos are on it now, they fit great and never rub thanks to his cutting skills
Old 06-15-2006, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

yeah i did some fender work and im lowered on a prokit with a hotckis APHR and i dont really have any issues with rubbing that i can tell maybe its just my car
Old 06-15-2006, 01:44 AM
12 Second Club

My 17by11's harldy rub if any at all, and i havent done a BFH mod and im on a Pro Kit.