Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1999 head/cam/spray t/a vs 2001 ProCharged Vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 head/cam/spray t/a vs 2001 ProCharged Vette

I'm cruising around town as usual, bored and lookin for a race. I just got done putting a window motor in my car and that is a PITA! That's for sure. So I go to the usual hangout and see a car I hadn't seen before. I didn't think anything of it until I started talking to the owner. He didn't tell me much about the car really except that it had an ATI Procharger on it running 10 # of boost so immediately I would like to run it. What do these usually put down on 10 # on an ls1?

But anyways my mods are in my sig and also I have a NX 125 wet shot on the car soon will be ready to up the jets!

But anyways I want to go from a dig with him cause I figure that topend roll the vette would eat me up but I didn't know how much power he is laying down. Also I noticed he had some street tires on so a dig would be good for me since I'm on nitto's. But he said he didn't want to do a dig and wanted to do a roll. I agreed to a roll and he wanted to go from 45... so I said ok that's fine with me.

So I turn the bottle on and it's at about 950 psi.. not too bad so I figured I wouldn't heat it up anymore but I should have. We go out the the usual race spot and get up to 45 mph. I activate the WOT switch and wait for him to honk. I'm in 2nd gear at probably about 4500 rpms or so not a bad spot for me. I hear the 3rd honk and hit it. I pull about half a car on him as soon as we went. Then I hit 3rd gear and see that he pulls up on me maybe half a car and we are about even. Through 3rd gear we are about side by side him about a fender in front of me. I shift to 4th and he slowly starts to pull barely on me. It ends up him about half a car out on me and we shut down at about 125 mph or so.

He pulls me barely! I think after the race if I hadn't have had that 300 pd passenger I might have won! I don't know how much of a difference it would have made but damn that was a close race. Now I just need more juice and a tune!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice man, glad to hear you held up good, and if you had been shy another 300#'s I think you would have ended up at least even with him. From a dig would have been a different story, you just can't beat a solid rear axle for that.