Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How difficult is hp tunners?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How difficult is hp tunners?

Hey guys, I am new to the forum but not the ls1. When I was sixteen i got an 01 z and just did small perfomance upgrades. No I have a 01 nhra hurst ta and have decided to do some more pleasing upgrades. I have purchased a cam, springs, and timing chain from comp. My problem is the tunning, I can get the cam installed fine but have no experience with tunning. There are not any shops in nashville to tune the ls1 so my questions do you think if I purchase hp tunners will I be alble to successfully tune?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to understand the CONCEPTS of tuning in order to be able to tune successfully. The software is great but if you have no idea what to do with it you wont get far. The software cant do it automatically for you.

With that said, tuning is not very difficult to learn and HPT really is a good tuner.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
You have to understand the CONCEPTS of tuning in order to be able to tune successfully. The software is great but if you have no idea what to do with it you wont get far. The software cant do it automatically for you.

With that said, tuning is not very difficult to learn and HPT really is a good tuner.