Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what else do I need for the sts kit...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else do I need for the sts kit...

I have going to order the sts soon, and Im new to the FI scene, but what supporting mods do I need, What size injectors for 7psi on stock motor, Do I need a FMU?, what size fuel pump, do I need to beef up the stock trans to handle 450rwhp, I already know that im getting a 12 bolt, so anything else, Thanks in advance...and would it be a good Idea to get a cam to go with the turbo? or will it have too much hp for stock motor?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I would recommend 42# lucas/FMS injectors and a tune of course. Get a nice intercooler and/or meth injection. I personally went with the racetronix kit with hot-wire kit... The stock transmission, assuming it's automatic won't like being beat on shifting 3rd to 4th. The stock cam seems to work great with turbocharging, but a slightly bigger cam with a high LSA and reverse split pattern would be a little more suitable, depending on the power band you're after. A lot of options, I wouldn't waste the money to begin with to be honest.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

check out the pkgs. It will give you an idea of different levels.
TRT STS pkgs
Old 06-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Teching In

will a manual trans hold the power, with a spec stage 3 clutch or centerforce? can the trans handle 450rwhp with DR's? If not whats the next best trans, a viper trans or something?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1tuboplan
I have going to order the sts soon, and Im new to the FI scene, but what supporting mods do I need, What size injectors for 7psi on stock motor, Do I need a FMU?, what size fuel pump, do I need to beef up the stock trans to handle 450rwhp, I already know that im getting a 12 bolt, so anything else, Thanks in advance...and would it be a good Idea to get a cam to go with the turbo? or will it have too much hp for stock motor?
There are many threads on this topic...... I suggest running a search and you will find HOURS of reading on the STS and what needs to be upgraded, etc.Also, check TRT's website or call Billy there. A great source of info.

BTW, a SPEC3 clutch is good for a garbage can and little more. Far too many failures with the SPEC clutches that have been documented to trust them on a high HP car. I'd suggest a Textralia or McCloud dual for a FI application. Just my $0.02 And the stock T56 will handle 450RWHP no problem.