Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT4,Droptop GT, cammed 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT4,Droptop GT, cammed 5.0

Met up with a few of my friends ( in the 5.0 and GT) and tommarow is a HUGE cruise so we all went down the cruise street and way down into the 2 lane part of it towards a more open country area and we went from a number of rolls, and one stop. The mustang was a full boat with 4 people in it

Mustang GT Races

35 roll-
He jumped on me, not suprised because after 30mph I dont shift down into 1st ( 3.73's) but after that long slow RPM upgrade I passed him pretty fast at around 70.

25 roll-
Yea he was right by my side for about 1 second until my tires stopped spinning and I pulled 2 lenghts like nothing. 25-28 mph is my best passing gear and pulls like hell.

Dead stop-
Babied it off the line, still got him and then pulled probably 3+ cars by 60 and let off

Same results each time...

Cammed 5.0 UNTUNED
Basically the same results as the GT not worth typing...GT was a HAIR faster then the 5.0, I know the 5.0 is cammed and .30 over with absolutely no tuning.

SRT4

He came out of no where, I just saw some blue headlights following me and I slowed down, sure enough its a kid that goes to a high school by mine and he happens to talk alot of **** because I beat him once now he got stage 2 and this and that blhblah enoguh bullshit

We went from 3 honks at a 20 roll ( his mistake ) And it was pretty ugly, pulled harder then I did on the GT but once about 75 he was hanging a few cars back but not getting pulled on.

Then the other race we went from a 40 roll ( BLAH ) I have absolutely no passing gear at all but his fender was right at my door it had a LOUD *** turbo and a BOV...stuck just like that until he shifted then he dropped back cause I was only at 5 grand and had alot of rpms to pull still. Stopped at about 80 with a car or 2.

Sorry about the roll races but no one wants to go from a stop. Fun night. Any Michigan members gonna be here tommarow and saturday for the Downriver Cruise?

Chad
Old 06-23-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by losiguy
Met up with a few of my friends ( in the 5.0 and GT) and tommarow is a HUGE cruise so we all went down the cruise street and way down into the 2 lane part of it towards a more open country area and we went from a number of rolls, and one stop. The mustang was a full boat with 4 people in it

Mustang GT Races

35 roll-
He jumped on me, not suprised because after 30mph I dont shift down into 1st ( 3.73's) but after that long slow RPM upgrade I passed him pretty fast at around 70.

25 roll-
Yea he was right by my side for about 1 second until my tires stopped spinning and I pulled 2 lenghts like nothing. 25-28 mph is my best passing gear and pulls like hell.

Dead stop-
Babied it off the line, still got him and then pulled probably 3+ cars by 60 and let off

Same results each time...

Cammed 5.0 UNTUNED
Basically the same results as the GT not worth typing...GT was a HAIR faster then the 5.0, I know the 5.0 is cammed and .30 over with absolutely no tuning.

SRT4

He came out of no where, I just saw some blue headlights following me and I slowed down, sure enough its a kid that goes to a high school by mine and he happens to talk alot of **** because I beat him once now he got stage 2 and this and that blhblah enoguh bullshit

We went from 3 honks at a 20 roll ( his mistake ) And it was pretty ugly, pulled harder then I did on the GT but once about 75 he was hanging a few cars back but not getting pulled on.

Then the other race we went from a 40 roll ( BLAH ) I have absolutely no passing gear at all but his fender was right at my door it had a LOUD *** turbo and a BOV...stuck just like that until he shifted then he dropped back cause I was only at 5 grand and had alot of rpms to pull still. Stopped at about 80 with a car or 2.

Sorry about the roll races but no one wants to go from a stop. Fun night. Any Michigan members gonna be here tommarow and saturday for the Downriver Cruise?

Chad
Sounds like you had a blast. Good kills!

so you pulled on an untuned .30 over cammed 5.0.

Interesting, must have been running really shitty, I guess. Being untuned could do that. Otherwise, that would of been a tough race.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Sounds like you had a blast. Good kills!

so you pulled on an untuned .30 over cammed 5.0.

Interesting, must have been running really shitty, I guess. Being untuned could do that. Otherwise, that would of been a tough race.

It is, doesnt even have a bse tune. He gets about 8mpg Other then that its all stock but an exhaust and a cheap CAI?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

It is, doesnt even have a bse tune. He gets about 8mpg Other then that its all stock but an exhaust and a cheap CAI?
was it a foxbody?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Its a 89
Old 06-23-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Its a 89
quick little bugger when setup properly. Oh well, maybe you will run into him again with his tune. Than, maybe a different outcome.