Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ms3 vs ms4 w/stock heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ms3 vs ms4 w/stock heads

I know that there are many threads on these cams already but none of them really have what I need to know. 01 camaro m6 headers, ory, lid, ls6 int, 4:11s, stock heads, which of these cams will suit my car better. I'm looking for mid to top end power gains. I drive this car daily and not to sound sissy but I dont want to smell like gas . I know the ms4 makes more power but what about driveability and wear and tear? I'm going to get the package when I get the cam. What about tsp custom mail order tuning?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was wondering the same thing.

Getting LT's and and other bolt ons but keepin the stock heads. Which MS is the best?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you consider that TSP is trying to better their products and release something new and different, then the MS4 will probably be better all around. Not to sound like a smart *** or anything, but the duration numbers and the lobe separation angles are pretty similar to the MS3. So more than likely what you will see in this cam is a comparable midrange and top end to the original...but with a boost down low and the torque curve shifting down due to the higher intake lobe lift. I think that was there intentions in developing the cam and I think thats been covered in another thread on here. Maybe TSP will jump in and correct me where I'm wrong in those respects...

To answer your question though I'd definitely try out the MS4. You gotta remember that the ls1 head definitely works well as cast and seems to like these new lsk lobe cam designs. More torque always makes for more tire smoking fun too
Old 06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Ok I see, but what about TSP's tuning? I would rather have a local tune it for me but there isnt much around augusta for camaros. I would think that they would have a good tune since they sell the cam.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I thing you can use an Elive and start learning about tuning if you have the time.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure if you know a good local tuner you will be fine. You may smell like gas though. Hell, I smelled like gas with !carpet, stock everything and a cutout. If you are wanting street manners but great DD power there are other, more friendly cams out there that will make plenty of power. The Torquer 2 from TSP, the TRAK from Thunder, and Patrick G's Torque cam (I believe Thunder actually had them on the shelf). Those are just a few of the more popular off the shelf DD cams.