Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any good shops in Chicago Area for Alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good shops in Chicago Area for Alignment?

Hey guys gonna have some suspension mods done soon and some new tires and wheels put on, anyone know of any good shops to have an alignment done on my Trans Am. Im hesitant of bringing it to a local tire shop cause they can never get it on the rack cause its lowered and usually its stupid kids that work their i dont trust! Thanks!!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Hillside wheel alignment. The place has been there forever. I actually work next door and everyday he has some kind of hotrod outside. Camaros, drag cars, customs, etc. They are located at mannheim and roosevelt road. The guys name is mike. tell him someone from stone mountain access refered you.

-Jamin
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I usually go here
Harlem Tire and Auto
5940 S Harlem Ave
summitt Il
(708) 728-0188

When I needed an alignment I went to a bunch of places because I wanted it aligned to my specs, and no one would do it. They all said that that was not the way to go and that I would be happy with their alignment with factory specs. I was like no @$$hole, I want the car to handle, the suspension has been upgraded, the factory specs call for POSITIVE camber, and the car gains more positive camber as the suspension is compressed, I want you to align it with -0.5 to 0.0 degrees of camber, I have researched this and checked with a few people who race g-bodies. No one would do it until I stopped at Harlem tire, once he realized that I knew what I was talking about he had no problem doing the alignment to my specs. They have a Hunter digital alignment rack that is probably less than 5 yrs old. You should probably call before you go to take the car in, they are kinda small, probably only have 4 people working there.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Automekanika. 1814 North US Highway 12 Spring Grove , IL ( Illinois ) 60081 - 9357 Phone : ( 815 ) 675 - 1326.

Awesome in Alignment...trust me !
They have reasonable prices as well
Old 06-28-2006, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AdamSS
Automekanika. 1814 North US Highway 12 Spring Grove , IL ( Illinois ) 60081 - 9357 Phone : ( 815 ) 675 - 1326.

Awesome in Alignment...trust me !
They have reasonable prices as well
I have dynoed my other car their before! I dealt with a different shop that was renting their dyno. I didnt know they even had a alignment rack. Since im really not looking into race settings on the alignment, I just tell them I need it to factory specs obviously right? I have eibach springs, adj panhard bar, lower control with reloc. brackets...etc....thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Any good shops in Chicago Area for Alignment?