Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I'll have to catch you guys next year ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I'll have to catch you guys next year ...

This pretty much explains it. My oldest brother Butch, who gave me, among many other things, my love for high performance vehicles is gone. He passed away from cancer about a week ago on Fathers day of all days The last 2 months have been hell for my self and my family. I've only managed to work about 5 days in that time. This situation is why I haven't made any CCC races this year.

I went out to the garage to fire up the '71 2 nights ago and realized I can't even stand to look at it right now. Butch loved this car so much and used to go on and on about it when I'd drive it over to his house, and now he's gone As you can probably tell I'm not really feeling ok at this time.

Basically I'm just telling all my fbod buds that I'm checking out for awhile and probably won't show back up until next year when it's not so fresh. I've decided to buy a hyperbike since I'll be able to enjoy that without thinking of my bro too much ( hopefully ) I'll try to share a beer and a laugh with you guys before that time, but car stuff for me right now is a no go.

take care guys
Bill Springer
Old 06-27-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear man!!! if you need something i'm sure everyone hear is willing to help.

Brad
Old 06-27-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Our thoughts and prayers and with you and your family. Take care Bill and we hope to at least see you sometime for a non car meeting.

Jason
Old 06-27-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Veteran

So sorry to hear it Bill. May Butch rest in peace, pain-free.

You take care of yourself and we will be here for ya if you need us or whenever you are ready to come back and play. Feel free to call, write, PM, whatever if you need ANYTHING!!!!!!!

Darrin
Old 06-27-2006, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

My condolences Bill. I'd actually stopped by the shop about 4-4:30 to say hi but you'd already left for the day. As Darrin said let us know if ya need anything.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

You have my sympathies and condolances. Family comes first. We will still be here when you decide you are ready.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Me and mine will be thinking and praying for you and yours,be carefull on that bike and remember we WILL all meet again someday, when we are all like golden clouds on the wind................
Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear this Bill, my condolences.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

My prayers are with you. We will be here when your ready.

Last edited by Steve Goodwin; 06-27-2006 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spellling
Old 06-28-2006, 03:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Bill,
Take care of yourself and family.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

I could hear in your voice the other day how hard this was one you. Having lost my dad to cancer (Linda & I both did) I can relate. Although losing your brother must be MUCH harder to take! At least Butch's suffering is over now. And you were there for him in his time of need.

Some people couldn't / wouldn't do that. You are one HELL of a guy Bill!!!! Which is why just about everyone on this board considers you a good friend, and speaking for myself, would be there for you. Let me know if I can do anything my friend....all you need do is ask.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Some people couldn't / wouldn't do that. You are one HELL of a guy Bill!!!! Which is why just about everyone on this board considers you a good friend, and speaking for myself, would be there for you. Let me know if I can do anything my friend....all you need do is ask.
Well said Mark.....no offense to anyone at all, but Bill is by far the nicest, most welcoming guy I have met up here, hands down. Anyone who would drive 10-15 miles out of their way (twice) to loan me a video camera, for basically a complete stranger no less, HAS to be a helluva guy......especially when his wife was ready to burst with their baby any day

It sounds like his Brother was lucky to have him around.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rottluver
So sorry to hear it Bill. May Butch rest in peace, pain-free.

You take care of yourself and we will be here for ya if you need us or whenever you are ready to come back and play. Feel free to call, write, PM, whatever if you need ANYTHING!!!!!!!

Darrin
Very well said!

If you need anything give us a call! Your in our Thoughts and Prayers!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences, Bill... Take care of your family, we're here for you if you need anything and we'll be here when you're ready to be back.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

We have never met but I feel your pain, I lost my brother the same way, as time goes on I think of the great times we had, it always puts a smile on my face.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

I am so sorry to hear that Bill Like other have said, if you need anything, or just want to talk or whatever, PM or call. Or when you get a bike and want to ride, let me know, it would be great to cruise with you.

Douglas
Old 06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Wow Bill, that sucks man. I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

If you need anything I will be here for you. You are an incredible friend and if you need me I will be more than happy to return the favor.

My prayers are with you and your family. We will miss your absence and will be waiting for you to return.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
This pretty much explains it. My oldest brother Butch, who gave me, among many other things, my love for high performance vehicles is gone. He passed away from cancer about a week ago on Fathers day of all days The last 2 months have been hell for my self and my family. I've only managed to work about 5 days in that time. This situation is why I haven't made any CCC races this year.

I went out to the garage to fire up the '71 2 nights ago and realized I can't even stand to look at it right now. Butch loved this car so much and used to go on and on about it when I'd drive it over to his house, and now he's gone As you can probably tell I'm not really feeling ok at this time.

Basically I'm just telling all my fbod buds that I'm checking out for awhile and probably won't show back up until next year when it's not so fresh. I've decided to buy a hyperbike since I'll be able to enjoy that without thinking of my bro too much ( hopefully ) I'll try to share a beer and a laugh with you guys before that time, but car stuff for me right now is a no go.

take care guys
Bill Springer
Bill, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about your loss. I lost my brother a few years back so I can understand what you're going through.

I can't help but feel that this is the last thing he would want you to do - to check out from your car buds. He would probably tell you to honor his memory by doing what you both loved.

Put his name on the passenger side window and take him with you every time you go, talk to him, share with him and always remember that he's with you.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
I can't help but feel that this is the last thing he would want you to do - to check out from your car buds. He would probably tell you to honor his memory by doing what you both loved.

Put his name on the passenger side window and take him with you every time you go, talk to him, share with him and always remember that he's with you.
Everyone deals with things in different ways, but this may be what your brother would want... Go out for a cruise with him as he will always be with you in your heart!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I will be thinking of you. Take what ever time you need, we will be here for you.

Quick Reply: I'll have to catch you guys next year ...