Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

miss/vibration after converter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default miss/vibration after converter?

I've had a 3500 TCI stall for a week now, car runs good no rev limiter hitting.
When idling there seems to be a vibration or miss to the car. you can feel it. when cruising it is fine tho. I don't know whats wrong? Misfiring? No codes are popping up tho.
Thanks for any insight guys.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Smile missing, balance problem

I have a 89 TTA that has a balance problem that I suspect started before I got the car and after the trans was rebuilt (200r4). I suspect that the convetor is misaligned clockwise with the flywheel. I know we're talking different cars and engines, etc. but my 89 TTa service supplement states that for a vibration problem or balance problem, I should say, that you can unbolt the convertor and rotate 1/3 and rebolt and check for any better balance. this can be done in all bolting positions. I know that my flywheel is an external balance flywheel, and you never know about convertor balance for sure. You could unbolt the convertor and push it back away from the flywheel and start engine and see if you still have the vibration or balance problem. At least this is a place to start.
I hope this may help you as I still have to try this on my car after I get some other projects finished.
Good luck!
Jim
Old 07-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Launching!

I was kind of thinking that but really hoping that that isnt the problem.
Probably is tho. Lots of things have gone wrong in the past few weeks and its really making me hate the car lately. Summit sent me the wrong size MT drag radials twice! Rearend is whining like crazy, car doesnt feel very fast after the converter install and there's that vibration and don't know for sure what it is.
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:37 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should also make sure that you dont have exhaust pipes rubbing or maybe a bad trans mount. Also you can unbolt your drive shaft and reinstall it 180 degrees. This might help along with what 88TTA said. If unbolting the tc gets rid of the vibration do *** 89TTA said. If that doesn't work I would try another convertor. Good luck, Vince.