Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Prochager Belt Change?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Prochager Belt Change?

MY belt is frayed and HAS to be changed. It is not bad, but enough to scare me. What do I have to do to change the belt: 01 Camaro SS, D1SC w/ intercoolers. Do I have to take the charger off. If so, how do I get to the last bolt (on the bracket, from underneath the car looking up) on the right top of the bracket? It looks like I will have to since the bolt is on the inside of the blet. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Please bear with me as i am a girl who uses the word "thingy" for everything.

When I changed mine, I had to jack up the car (not too hig cause then i couldnt reach the stuff.) I had to remove the s/c (the thing that looks like a snails shell). So I had to undo the hoses that went to it from the bottom.

Please note its heavy and should it fall on your chest it will hurt. I know.

Okay so no that we have more room. You will have to remove the tensioner pulley as well. Atleast I did. U need to Loosten it from the top and then loosen the bolt on its side. I can not remember what else i did to get mine out. And putting it in is just a little more fun.

Ya know, the job isnt very hard. Not much u can f' up so, dont be worrried. JUst study the way it is connected and start disconnecting. I put mine together the first time after my friend took it apart. I didnt even see it get taken apart and had no instructions. Just make sure u have patience and remember how everything goes back.

I may have pics from my dis assembly somewhere. If u get lost thru the process pm me. I need to take mine apart again soon cause i over tightened the tensioner bolt and broke its head and can get it out for the life of me.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

make sure you put everything back toghether correctly and the way it came off so that you dont have belt alignment issues. the procharger is connected by allen head bolts to the bracket on the back sided of the charger. you take those out and move the charger out of the way, so that you can reach the bolts that hold the bracket on. loosen the top three and take the bottom one out and then you should be able to get the bolt off. opps and the first step is to loosen the tensioner
Old 07-03-2006, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Exacty.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

I had a problem with accessing a bolt to drop the head unit so I just bent the allen wrench ~30 degrees and it works fine for the one tricky bolt to get at.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help gals and guys.