Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Harlan 2-Step, anybody else have a similar issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Problem with Harlan 2-Step, anybody else have a similar issue?

I'm starting to have a problem with the 2 step. It was working great 2 weeks ago at the track and after gutting my car for some odd reason it's causing my car to idle rough. When I disconnect it from the coil packs the engine runs just fine. I thought maybe it was me so I reconnected it and the problem persists.

I checked the wiring and the pins and everything seems fine.

Anybody else have this issue?

FWIW this thing has worked flawlessly for 2 years now, probably one of the best mods of have done to the car.

Edit: Just to add, the white and yellow wire aren't even hooked up. The only thing still hooked is the clutch switch wire (grey). I don't see how it would be armed.

Last edited by sscam68; 07-05-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Anybody know what his availability is? I know he is a busy guy and would like to get it checked out.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try sending him a PM. if it does it only when connected, sounds like an internal issue.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sscam68
I'm starting to have a problem with the 2 step. It was working great 2 weeks ago at the track and after gutting my car for some odd reason it's causing my car to idle rough. When I disconnect it from the coil packs the engine runs just fine. I thought maybe it was me so I reconnected it and the problem persists.

I checked the wiring and the pins and everything seems fine.

Anybody else have this issue?

FWIW this thing has worked flawlessly for 2 years now, probably one of the best mods of have done to the car.

Edit: Just to add, the white and yellow wire aren't even hooked up. The only thing still hooked is the clutch switch wire (grey). I don't see how it would be armed.
I ran into a simular problem and turns out my harness was too close to my headers and a couple of wires fused together.I separted them and mine was fine. Just figured I would throw that out there, you may have a hole diffeent issue
Old 07-12-2006, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
I ran into a simular problem and turns out my harness was too close to my headers and a couple of wires fused together.I separted them and mine was fine. Just figured I would throw that out there, you may have a hole diffeent issue
Wires and pins were all fine.

PM'ed Harlan and he responded. It's been shipped out

Thanks again for taking a look at it Harlan.