Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Put On My New SLP LM!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just Put On My New SLP LM!!!!

As the title says, I used the extra day off this week to put on my new SLP LoudMouth and I love it. My goal was just load, and everyone said the LMs really live up to there name. At first I didn't think it could be that much louder than my stock with a Flowmaster, but I was way wrong. We first started it up in my buddys garage with the door down, and you wan't to talk about "****-eatin grin!" I love them (i know people are going to crap on me for this) but I can't wait to get some longtubes. I know 95% of the people here think that LoudMouths with LT=Crap, but the few cars I've heard I love it.
And the install was very easy. I'm not retarded or anything, but I'm not exactly Mr. Friggin Goodwrench, and this was my first ever cat-back swap. The entire thing took just a hair over an hour (including cutting the stocker out) Which I thought was a good time for me.
I also want to give a big Hell's Yeah to SpeedInc.com. These guys were great. I placed the order on line and less than half an hour later I get a call from one of their reps telling me that the Slash-tip was on a slight backorder and wanted to know if I would like to go with the duel-duel tips. I had my heart set on the slash tips so I declined, but I was really impressed. Talk about customer service. And by the way, It only took three business days from the time I ordered it to get here, and that was with $0 shipping costs, so anyways thanks to the guys at SpeedInc.com. I plan on buying more parts from there now and recommend them to anyone.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

big thumbs up for speed inc. here too, had my headers in about 3 days. I put headers on tues. long tubes w/ORY-pipe and the LMII and it sounds like an old truck with straights. prob. swaping the bullet with dynomax. it sounds sweet at idle & wide open throttle but to much rasp while accelerating. getting tuned on mon.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 AM
TECH Regular

get some longtubes

and some ear plugs ..
Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by the_beast
get some longtubes

and some ear plugs ..
.. might as well get rid of some weight and ditch the stereo and speakers lol... its not like you'll be able to hear em ne ways haha
Old 07-06-2006, 05:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GET_SOM
.. might as well get rid of some weight and ditch the stereo and speakers lol... its not like you'll be able to hear em ne ways haha

My neighbor has Long tubes & ORY w/ LM and I hardly ever hear his car. He just takes it easy everywhere. But I would go with a catted Y if you go the LT route.

SLP LM Exhaust 400$
Pacesetter LT's & ORY 500$
Not being able to hear your wife/girlfriend bitch while racing. Priceless

Last edited by 2000SS1979; 07-06-2006 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

the dynomax will sound bad ***.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by the_beast
get some longtubes

and some ear plugs ..