Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor swap....new one wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default motor swap....new one wont crank

so after spending days installing my new motor and finally getting to the point of starting it we run into a small issue...we charged my battery and it appeared to have full juice..then we went to crank the motor but the starter made the noise of clikcing kinda...sounded like it was spinning but not meshing with the flex plate...so i thought it was the battery ...went out bought a new one...now it just makes one little click and thats it...no more meshing noise after the new battery...the only thing i can think of is we lost one of the starter bolts so we used another one around equal length...could that have caused this prob ??? or is it possible its wired wrong...oh and the starter is semi new..came out of a 2001 couple weeks before and was working when it was pulled out...so now im lost...and patiently waiting to try and get my car goin..any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciated...
Old 07-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem. Check the wiring, make sure its connected right, Also check that the heat cover that is on top of the starter is not making contact with the positive wire. Make sure you havent blown any fuses on the underhood fuse panel. Check the starter and ignition systems. Hope this helps. Good Luck
Old 07-07-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx..ya ill today ill check the connections and the fuses...wat did ur prob turn out to be >?