Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Black GT ricer fly-bys me, super dirty

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black GT ricer fly-bys me, super dirty

This is me kinda unhappy and mostly just ranting. But I would not have expected this kind of thing from a fellow domestic car. I know its not customary and doesnt happen often, but in what world do these people live in where they think its a race when they just take off on you. Here is what happened.

I am driving home from the movies at around 11pm. I was in Antioch and just got onto highway 4 heading towards Concord. I am behind this Black GT, i think around a 2000 or so. I get in front and pull past him a bit, while getting onto the freeway. So I am at around 75 and drop it into 3rd gear to get ready to run them. He is about two cars back and then hits it. At first i think hes just gaining to race, but he just shoots by me, so i hit it and i almost immediately stop his advancing, but he already has a 2-3 car lead and i just start to creep back up on him, when traffic stops us. You know a simple loss to a Mustang wouldnt have bothered me as much as this does. The only reason it really bothers me is because this is the reason why we get these BS kill stories on here and why these people are running around thinking they are much faster than other cars. And thats how we get the posts of 01 GT vs 02 ZO6, basically stock GT beats a ZO6.

I am sorry if it sounds like i am picking on or bashing stangs, cause i dont mean to. I am just complaining about the whole ricer fly-by thing in general and how it gives some racers the wrong idea on there performance. I am hoping that the culprit of this dirty stunt posts, but i doubt that he will.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lmao...
Old 07-08-2006, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

don't chase, if he really wants to run he'll slow down and line up, if he knows he cant win he will do what he did.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Once again, hate the drivers not the cars.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

How do you think those Neons get so many wins?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by burnzilla
How do you think those Neons get so many wins?
lol. Momentum's a mother ain't it. Not to **** you off, but right now he's probably telling his buddies how he smacked an LS1 around last night (and you can bet he's leaving a few details out-like the whole fly-by part)
Old 07-08-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

That is the part that makes me mad. Is that i am sure he is telling them that and it is way off base. Like i said it perpetuates there ignorance. Oh well though, i dont hate the car, i do hate the driver.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned

A chase is a race! Who cares what they say/think/do. Don't be so concerned about what people think about your car or others. You know what it can do. Just wait for him to get bit down the road, it will happen. I don't see him being an *******. I mean, I would have flashed my lights and got him to slow back down and then three-honk it to a victory. Maybe you will find him again, who knows.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Teching In

I agree. Don't chase. He may have just been in a hurry and wanted to get through traffic. Probably not. Some kid in a Maxima went flying by me a few weeks ago and pulls to turn off. I notice he is hanging a thumbs up out the window. I look around expecting to see some other rice mobile moving up behind me. But I'm the only car there. Early 90's maxima owns LS1 is in his mind.

Thought process justicfications and strategy of the idiot street racers: (changes based on scenario)

"ignorant racer": Creep up next to a performance vehicle in traffic. Don't acknowledge presence of other car. Slightly gas ride to move ahead or pray traffic slows faster vehicle down. You have won. Brag to all your friends.

"ricer ambush": spot a vehicle ahead, build up plenty of speed using other vehicles to mask your advance and fly past him 30-40 mph faster than he is going. Brag to all your friends.

"Front man": Two cars running each other, the faster vehicle let out because he is a pu$$ (or approaching traffic: same thing to a ricer) stay in it and get in front of him. If you are in front you are the winner. Brag to all your friends.

"perpetual finish line": Racing a faster car. His car is so much faster he eats your lunch and then has sex with your mom and girlfriend while you're in 2nd gear. All is not lost my young ricer. The perpetual finish line has saved many a wanna be. When he lets off or taps his brake lights or slows down tremendously (or goes back for 2nds from your mom) it is simply because his low tech american v8 or v6 or I4 has over heated, blown a torque transducer, reversed NOS or whatever. Keep the hammer planted and victory will be yours. You will fly by him. He may even catch back up and pass you and slow two or three more times, but your top end revvin, torque monster is too efficient to quit and the finish line is always just a little further away than he is willing to travel.

Brag to all your friends.

"stealth sleeper": Next to a performance car at a stop light. Don't look over, don't turn the radio down. Don't act too hard. But when the light turns green, roll out and waste that oil drippin' gas guzzling flowmastered 3.8 liter (or larger) fool. After you've pulled a car length or fender or whateva, you know you are the superior driver and have more efficient equipment. Enjoy your victory. Brag to all your friends.

"Goose vs. gander": A V8 is hatin and out looking for trouble. Well he found it. Light turns green. But you show him some mercy. You don't hit it until you hear him change. Make him think you're not interested, I mean....not racing off the line. You are being nice cause his car don't hook like yours. You let him go to 2nd gear and then you hit it on him. You get a fender on him, you've won. Cause you were being nice already and giving him the advantage. Brag to all your friends.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
This is me kinda unhappy and mostly just ranting. But I would not have expected this kind of thing from a fellow domestic car. I know its not customary and doesnt happen often, but in what world do these people live in where they think its a race when they just take off on you. Here is what happened.

I am driving home from the movies at around 11pm. I was in Antioch and just got onto highway 4 heading towards Concord. I am behind this Black GT, i think around a 2000 or so. I get in front and pull past him a bit, while getting onto the freeway. So I am at around 75 and drop it into 3rd gear to get ready to run them. He is about two cars back and then hits it. At first i think hes just gaining to race, but he just shoots by me, so i hit it and i almost immediately stop his advancing, but he already has a 2-3 car lead and i just start to creep back up on him, when traffic stops us. You know a simple loss to a Mustang wouldnt have bothered me as much as this does. The only reason it really bothers me is because this is the reason why we get these BS kill stories on here and why these people are running around thinking they are much faster than other cars. And thats how we get the posts of 01 GT vs 02 ZO6, basically stock GT beats a ZO6.

I am sorry if it sounds like i am picking on or bashing stangs, cause i dont mean to. I am just complaining about the whole ricer fly-by thing in general and how it gives some racers the wrong idea on there performance. I am hoping that the culprit of this dirty stunt posts, but i doubt that he will.

Aww poor baby had a bad time driving his car aww a little mustang hurt his feelings and made him feel bad. Let me play you a song.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hardly ever play on the streets, but you chased. I usually just drive normal. A lot of guys have given me weird looks when they hear my car and I dont run. I give some thumbs down sometimes, I try not to be a dick about it though. I give a cool thumbs down, if there is such a thing.

Now you know that next time not to chase. Or you can can just keep in it, so he cant catch you.