Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Q

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cold Air Q

Hey guys I have the whisper cold air kit on my car and I never put that rubber wheather strip on the air box. It mysterously walked away when I installed it. I was wondering were I can get a new one or how to make something for it that might even look cleaner or better on there? Thanks in advane.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:51 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leave it out. Doesn't your car have a cutout in the hood for that???

All that piece is is a short section of weather stripping which you could find at a hardware store.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

Im not sure what hood you think I have but its the regular ta hood not ws6. I had it out since I put it on last july but ive been goin to alot of car shows and ive been seen that everyone is using it. I guess I'll have to look at the hardware store but I was hoping that someone found a different way to do it that mad it more appealing.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

play dough...lol

i went to home depot in the plumbing section and got some foam insulated tape...its sticky as hell and has some decent cushion to it. i used a couple layers around the back and sides of the airbox. weatherstripping for a car's trunks should be good enough to block off the front of the airbox...a trip to the junkyard would probably not cost you much - or you could jack it from an ******* neighbor's car
Old 07-09-2006, 02:45 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
Im not sure what hood you think I have but its the regular ta hood not ws6. I had it out since I put it on last july but ive been goin to alot of car shows and ive been seen that everyone is using it. I guess I'll have to look at the hardware store but I was hoping that someone found a different way to do it that mad it more appealing.
I thought the regular TA's had just as much of a hole as the WS6's w/out the baffles removed. I'm shooting in the dark here though, not a concern on mullet-mobile's like mine.