Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Well, I finally fell victim to the oil pressure sending unit breaking. I've had my intake in and out of the car 3 times now because I've been changing the color on it. Finally broke. Anyhow, I know a LOT of people do this and have to replace them, and I've heard all kinds of prices on them. Just got one from my dealer who I have a great relationship with. Retail cost is: $53.21 and they gave it to me for $26.61 and had it in stock. I know some other folks have said they gotten theirs from Autozone and so forth for the $30 range, but they were special order items. So, it is possible to get parts from your dealer at very good prices, just have to make friends with them and develop a good relationship.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 07-12-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our car club has a good relationship with one of our local dealers, always get some kind of discount. Friend of mine got a spare ignition key made a couple weeks ago in exchange for some 5th gen Camaro pics from Atlanta.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Yea, I hear a lot of guys on here bash dealerships and most of it is well deserved I'm sure. Dealerships make most of their money through part sales
and repair work rather than actual car sales. However, if you become a regular customer, many will be more than happy to sell parts at just over cost.

Bryan
Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always get my stuff from SDPC or GMPartsdirect if I need an OEM piece. The douche's at my local stealership get on my nerves at times. Prices are outrageous as well.

I wish I had a relationship with them, 'cause I'd be test driving the black Z06 sitting out front TODAY.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I always get my stuff from SDPC or GMPartsdirect if I need an OEM piece. The douche's at my local stealership get on my nerves at times. Prices are outrageous as well.

I wish I had a relationship with them, 'cause I'd be test driving the black Z06 sitting out front TODAY.
Yeah, I've ordered from GMPartsDirect too and prices are great, but shipping is outrageous.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

got a buddy who is the parst guy at a dealership, its nice to know him