Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single Cutout with / without Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Cutout with / without Muffler Delete

I have a 98 trans am with a cutout to the passenger exhaust pipe, yet the drivers side exhaust pipe still runs through the stock muffler. I am more or less happy with the sound, but I am wondering what would happen if I removed the muffler altogether and put in a straight pipe right out to the drivers side exhaust? I imagine it would be louder, but how much (I imagine the majority of exhaust goes out the passengers side due to less travel)? I know some of you say I could never quiet it (I could put in a plate now to do exactly that on the passengers side), but I have owned the car for over 2 years and have NEVER had any reason to quiet it ... it is a semi-daily driver.

So, the question, is there any benefits / downsides to eliminate the stock muffler on a car with a cutout already other than the extra money spent?

Current setup can be heard here: http://www.cmcarthur.com/videos/inte...ght_launch.mpg

Last edited by Cray; 07-13-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Video link isnt working
J
Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Fixed, thanks.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Teching In