Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange drag brake user inside please...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange drag brake user inside please...

I have been using these for the last year or so with my stock brake setup. They work great and all, but the problem is the residual pressure. They drag WAAAAAAYYYY too much, and are overheating during a run. Do I need to buy an entire new master cylinder with adjustable residual? I am also still using the stock ABS block. If I ditch that, will that help? I would guess this problem is costing me about .07 to .1 in ET.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:09 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just have them on the rear and they dont drag at all (aerospace on the front), sure the calipers are centered? Matter of fact if I take a wheel off the pads are lose in the rear and the front wheels turn like a 10 speed.. Stock master with power brake booster still.

But the rotors will get red hot after stopping from a 1/4 mile pass, smells like a clutch burning..
Old 07-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Launching!

change the brake pads...when the brake pads get worn, they hold like that. We found out the hard way when the car was nearly impossible to push downhill...lol
Old 07-14-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm having the same problems with my wilwoods and the brake pads hanging on the disc. always just through there wasn't enough room. i'll have to take a second look
Old 07-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
i'm having the same problems with my wilwoods and the brake pads hanging on the disc. always just through there wasn't enough room. i'll have to take a second look
Believe me..It WILL work...Our 68 firebird has Wilwoods on it and that is where we found out about it.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, now you got me excited to get home to look, hahaha. I just always looked at it and figured that the brake pads needed to be worn down MORE because there was barely any room. Like I said, need to take closer look.