Ensberg -> DL

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ensberg -> DL

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=hou

In a way, this is good. Hopefully, he can get some rest, get totally over this shoulder problem, and get back to true form.

-Mike
Old 07-14-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its gonna be hard for him to work his way back into the lineup if everybody else plays good.

Lamb is hot, Berkman is Berkman and Huff looked pretty good last night. This could be the start of the Astros easing Ensberg out the door.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I dunno. Huff is a free agent at the end of this season, so he might be yet another rental (a la Randy Johnson and Carlos Beltran). Lamb is hitting great and was OK defensively until a few blunders last week. Hopefully that was a fluke, but he's never been known as a defensive asset. We could really use the 2005 Ensberg right about now.

-Mike
Old 07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with you on needing Ensberg. I just dont now though. I read today that the Marlins are interested in ***** T. The Astros need need some pitching and while I dont see them making a run at Dontrelle, in a deal that sends Ensberg and ***** to the fish we could get some pretty decent pitchers and prospects.

The way I see it too, is next year we will have some room money wise. We wont owe Bagwell 18 million and we wont be on the hook for Clemens and his 20+ so they'll have room to resign Huff or make a run at somebody else. No real telling though. I just hope they get their stuff together and make a good second half run.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why dont they put Bagwell as a hitting coach...I mean they are already paying him!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont think he'd do it. I think he's pissed at the team for the way they treated him during the offseason. I agree with him, even though I think the team is better without him, he earned the right to leave on his own terms.

He's probably happy drinking margaritas in mexico and soaking up the sun, collecting those paychecks.