Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help...bad problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 05:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need some help...bad problems

Okay, I need to figure out exactly what my problem is. Last night I was driving around town and starting to pull out from a red light rather quickly and when my car shifted into 2nd (A4 Tranny) I felt a violent knock about where the tranny is, so I revved it up once and I felt the knock again as the car shifted into 3rd. The car does not do this at lower RPM's...but once the rpm's start climbing(3000-3500) I feel this violent knock at the tranny. It feels kinda like it would if you were to miss a gear in a standard and then shift into the gear, only no grinding just the knock and then shifting into the gear. I parked the car at work last night and noticed that when I put the car in P is was rolling, I had to put the E-brake on so that the car would not roll when it was in P. Can someone please inform me as to what my problem is, and how much im looking at on repairs?

--Adam--
Old 07-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Launching!

I don't know about the rolling in park deal but the knock sounds to me like you may have a broken trans mount.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Default Fixed...

Yeah, it was a broken tranny mount, I was looking over the most obvious solution. I was looking for the worse(Or hoping at least...wanting to go to an m6 whenever my tranny goes) Fixed the mount this morning, thanks for the feedback.