Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust set up Power/Price

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust set up Power/Price

I have a basically stock 2000 z28 I've been saving for a while for a complete exhaust set-up. I was looking to get T/D's,Headers, and H or X pipe. Would it make that much of a difference power/price wise from a Catback,ORY, headers set-up? I've read on this site about people getting exactly what I want for 6-800 dollars. Performance wise I'm looking to get 35-45 hp from this and get 27-30 mpg on the highway.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i can tell you is if you go with an ORY, dont get a loudmouth 1 or 2. I got lm2 with L.T's and ORY and it sounds like chit. Its sounds good at idle and Wide open. regular driving is just to raspy/cackely. Putting on a custom true dual dumped set-up on, when my parts arrive. Just go to ls1sounds.com and listen to everything, maybe you will find a cat-back you like. Power wise, dont think their is a big difference in the 2 when using a bullet style muffler. Its all in the headers!
Old 07-16-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

If you can go without cats, you will save money with the True duals and Long tubes. With the true duals, you wont need a Y pipe, you wont need a cat back, you will get better flow and the sound is amazing at idle, cruise and wide open. My dumped duals and and pacesetters cost me about 700. the pacsetters with off road y, and tsp rumbler(loudmouth style) exhaust cose me about 700 as well. I hated the loudmouth with headers. And the TSP rumbler is only 200 bucs, most other exhausts will cost 300 and up, putting your exhaust system past the 1000 mark.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Launching!

I just put tsp duals and headers on my mostly stock trans am.. just do it... you wont regret it..