Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

supercharged c6!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharged c6!!

stomped me . i was on motor obviously, i just put the trans in the car and i've been having issues with the tuning (kr, misfire at higher rpms sometimes- only getting 20* of timing in 3rd gear from kr or false kr...) so i was out playing with hptuners, trying to see if i could narrow down the problem.

now- i know the guy in the c6, black with black wheels. older guy (mid-late 50's). it is auto with blower/exhaust etc... no stall and street tires. he said on dr's he got an 11.60 @ 123mph. he KNOWS my car hooks so i never got him to run before but i told him i didn't have the bottle and the car is running shitty.

anyway, i see him cruizing (he is always cruizing around the area) and he flags me to pull into the parking lot nearby to chat. after shooting the **** for a minute we agree to run from a dig and that i give him the break since he is on street tires. we take the 5 minute drive to the "spot" and i clean the mickeys up a little bit (no need for smoke, it was 90* out or more!) and we both line up. i wait for him to go, he waits like 10 seconds to go (guess he didn't understand that i was waiting for him) then he nails it and i hear his tires screeching.

i get an okay launch, probably could've flashed it harder but i didn't know how it would hook. i get out on him about 1 carlength between us as i go to 2nd gear. i get partially through 2nd and im feeling my car pulling timing but not too bad, still pulling ok. i hear this thing coming up on me like a fuking monster. at about 80mph he blows past me and puts about .5 cars between us. i waved as he passed . we both stay in it till around 110mph and he has 1.5 cars between us and he hits the brakes, he would've kept walking away no doubt.

he got next to me yelling how he spun and i just laughed at him and told him good run.

before the race i warned him that if he got me on motor (which i figured he would) im comming after him with the bottle. he had nothing to say, just talking **** back like "well you only got a stock motor, what are you gonna really do" . he knows what it runs too so now i gotta get it tuned in and go find him to show him that im not bs'ing!

thanks for reading.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Definitely sounds like he has it coming when your car is running right. Nothing wrong w/ losing to a Vette. I've had my Z for about 4 weeks and finally found out it has 2.73s but now I'm not as discouraged after seeing your sig.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Vettes are the shiznit, love them to death good try though.