Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me Vs 300zx

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me Vs 300zx

My friend and I were cruising down o street last night and look in the mirror and see a silohete of a 300z and hear the loud fartcannon of a civic. After watching the 300z pwn the civic. With half the noise I might add we pulled up next to the guy in the z at a stop light, exchanged hi's, asked about his motor he said he was runing about 15 lbs of boost and had exhaust and a new catback. I'm not sure what kind of horsepower that kind of car runs at that be I decided to run him. We both punch it at the green light. Pretty even run till bout 40 and then at 80 were about 4 car lengths ahead of him. So we slow down and go our seperate ways. Pull into a parking lot later and the guy that drove the z came up to me and asked about my car and gave me and my friend props, shook his hand etc. All around great guy to run, no st'ing, fun race, good time. Best of all his car was not rice. it was black with jet black rims and pretty quiet to. Not to shabby looking of a car. Anyone know what a 300z with exhaust and a 15 lbs boost runs? I was guessing 300 - 350 hp range. And are 300z's awd, fwd or rwd? Sorry I know nothing about them.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Banned

Nice run.

A 300ZX TT must have more mods then he weas saying if he was running 15 psi. He must atleast also have a remapped ecu, and some sort of boost controller, be it boost jets, ebc, or mbc. Running 15 psi with just exhaust will sure result in lots and lots of detonation/knock for him.

Assuming he has an ecu and his car is healthy, I would guess he is making 320-330 whp.

They are RWD.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

i think they made some awd...
Old 07-26-2006, 03:17 AM
Staging Lane

the guy would need a tuned ecu to running 15psi. intake,exaust and ecu put a healthy 300zx aruond 400hp to the fly wheel. i don't know why you walked him so hard? i just recently sold my bolton lt1 and now own a stage 3 300zx like in your kill. usualy a stage 3 is a little faster then a stock ls1. oh well nice kill, oh ya and there rwd. none of them were awd. you mgiht be thinking of there 4 wheel steering they have.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:21 AM
Staging Lane

owning 2 300zx's one being TT they are all rwd with 4wheel steering (HICAS) to run 15 psi all you need to do is boost jets and MBC.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StatixNWH
owning 2 300zx's one being TT they are all rwd with 4wheel steering (HICAS) to run 15 psi all you need to do is boost jets and MBC.
ya and blow your motor. your gonna need to be remapped ecu to handle that much boost.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StatixNWH
Please know what you are talking about before posting. Let me explain to you something, a Manual boost controller (MBC) and boost jets DO ESSENTIALLY THE SAME THING. Running 15 psi without a remapped ecu will result in a blown engine. Thank god you sold your cars before you blew them up.