Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me make my muffler decision.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me make my muffler decision.

Ok so I just got my 00'z28 with slp cme exhuast. Im starting to think its just SlP cme exhuast tips because it sounds stock quiet. Now I love the cme look and want to keep that so im thinking I will just have a aftermarket muffler or resonator put in place of the stock one. Right now im stuck in between dynomax bullet or loudmouth resonators. Keep in mind this car wont have headers and a off road y for quite a while so raspyness isn't a issue.
I just want a good sounding deep exhuast tone. What do you guys think?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the loudmouth is very loud for a catback and sounds great with cats and manifolds if you ask me. but even though i havent heard the slp lm without cats and headers installed, most people on here bad mouth that setup. i've had people follow me just to ask what kind of exhaust im running, because they want there car to sound like it, so i think it deffinitly sounds good. i was running open headers on my 84 for a while, much louder then the lm setup , but the lm is about as loud as id want on a car without giving myself a headache. the open headers i got ringin in my ears and headaches after about 20 minutes in that car. not to mention i couldnt hear my 1000amp powered 12 in subwoofer+ 2 6x9's turned all the way up over the exhaust. i say the slp resonators but i havent heard the dynomax for comparison either will probly be an improvement in sound.