Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers

anyone know if the edelbrocks stepped offroad headers will fit with a/c?

will kooks? and are they worth the super high $

i know most people on here say the pacesetters fit good , but there alil smaller then i was shooting for.

i wanted cated dual x pipe with headers but it doesnt seem easy to find a bolt on setup for that.

i dont even really want headers ,but the cam i ordered (ms4) would probly be best with headers.not to mention alil giggle juice.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Board Certified Idiot

howcould You want a Ms4 Cam.. But Not headers>???

to answer your Question above yes they will workk. Check out those Ebay Headers
Old 07-25-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

if your car is just going to be a MS4/bolt on car I don't think you'll be giving up much by running the "smaller" pacesetters. Definately a better choice to get those then to stick with the stock manifolds. who know how much they would restrict that cam especially on the bottle. I would assume the edelbrocks will fit with the AC as I have heard of a number of people running them on the D.D. that I doubt they all took the AC off of. I know the kooks will fit. All the major brand longtubes out there make close to the same power gains just depends on how much you want to spend and what material you want them made out of.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the input guys. i just bid on some ebay headers so i hope they fit as good as reported in other threads. i figure stainless steel is the way to go in nj's corrosive air(the ones i got for my third gen about 2 years ago were coated, there solid rust now.. i hope these go in easy. the headers on my 84 were the most aggrivating thing to install on the whole car, and i worked on every part of that car short of the rear or gas tank . probly just because there wasnt many manual third gens unlike the 4th gens.