Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial

Im thinking about getting these tires, but I drive the highway alot. I have a question or two...
My current wheels/tires are 245/50's, but im getting new wheels anyways.

http://www.speedunlimited.com/cgi-bi...l?p_catid=3760

How long would they last for normal driving? 10K...? more than that?
Are they OK for the Highway?

And do the Ride ok?
How heavy.... anyone know?
Im debating on whether or not these tires would be suitable for a Daily Driver.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Not good for a daily driver, its not the ride, it's the life. I have a set but they're track only, and they are VERY soft. I cant see them lasting much more than 5-8k MAYBE 10k at most i'd think. Definitly a badass drag radial but nitto or bfg is a better daily driver tire IMO. Just my two cents.

William
Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Andrew, The MTETSD for a street tire, mild use on the weekends, etc would be ok, if you planned on using this car everyday I'd say your taking a risk when it comes to rain, they are better in the wet than MTET Streets but "not that much better". I'd agree that Nitto Drags would have considerable more wet traction for the street should you get caught in the rain, again providing this is an everyday driver. Nitto Drags will not compare to the traction of these ET Street Drags which are really sticky tires from what I've seen. BFG Drags ..well I just don't have any experience with those in the wet or dry so not sure.

I'm going with a set of these MTET Street Drags like you for the street...and I'm going with a second pair of Weld Drags with full slicks for the track. The fancy chrome ZR1s have Nitto drags on them...not sure..thinking about selling the fancy street rims....like the drag car look.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Im thinking about getting these tires, but I drive the highway alot. I have a question or two...
My current wheels/tires are 245/50's, but im getting new wheels anyways.

http://www.speedunlimited.com/cgi-bi...l?p_catid=3760

How long would they last for normal driving? 10K...? more than that?
Are they OK for the Highway?

And do the Ride ok?
How heavy.... anyone know?
Im debating on whether or not these tires would be suitable for a Daily Driver.
I have these on my car except in 17", daily driver including some track time.

I LOVE THEM..... You do have to take it very easy in the rain. I would not do it if yuo don't have traction control on your car. If you do have traction control you should be okay if you just take it easy.

It is raining REALLY hard here right now and am going to jump on the freeway. I may get beeped at for driving a little on the slow side but let me catch them at a light in dry weather

Good Luck!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I have 'em and love 'em too - but I save 'em for the track. Wear too fast and I wouldn't want to get caught in a heavy downpour with 'em. Nittos for the street - they do great in the wet as long as they have some tread depth.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:53 AM
12 Second Club

I wish they made these in a 315/35/17. Damn.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Teching In

i've got a set of 275/60 15 mt dr's. they hook really well but i think they are a little bit heavier than the nittos.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a good daily driver tire. They're pretty bad in the rain. I've had 2 pairs of them on 2 different cars. Great tires for what they were designed for, but they are dangerous in the rain. They will send you spinning across the interstate with no warning. THEY ARE NOT DAILY DRIVER TIRES. If you make it to 8k miles on a pair I can tell you that they are going to have zero tread left. I have put 6k at the most on my last pair and they were down to the cords. They would not have passed state inspection with any more than 2 or 3k miles on them.

Last edited by Zger; 07-28-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial