Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which to do first?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which to do first?

I finished boltons would eventually like to cam and add some juice to my car.

I was wondering what order do you think I should do the mods and why.

Should i cam it first or should I add nitrous first? I am not planning on heads at the moment.

I am thinking a 75-125 wet shot.
A pretty agressive street/strip cam.

It will be at least a year apart between mods.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with the cam because then you can enjoy the year in between mods without worrying about blowing the car up and having to buy an engine instead of a cam. And with the cam you will have the added power all the time without having to worry about bottle pressure v. fuel pressure and hurting the engine. It's really up to you but if you're gonna do nitrous don't go the cheap route. Do it right and you won't hurt anything.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would do the cam first, simply because a properly chosen cam would equal a 75 shot in performance...except you'd have it ALL the time, with no bottle refills. however, the other side of the coin is the fact that you'd be winding the engine up more with an "aggressive" cam, thus creating more opportunities for disaster. either of the mods will demand a better clutch within a year, and probably 12 bolt rear, also.

to spray on a cammed car you will be need even more supporting parts. hell, you may need injectors with just the cam, every setup is different. ..just things to consider.