Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roller lifters and roller rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default roller lifters and roller rockers?

i have a 1999 TA and i just put a nice "big cam" in it a few months ago and i was wanting to put some of the harland sharp 1.7 roller rockers in also. is 1.75 too much? i saw someone had them for sale and i was thinking about pickeng them up.

i know very little about the valve train, so any help would be great.

also, i heard taht you have to have a roller cam in order to use roller lifters. is this true. thanks guys

if anyone is familiar with arizona power and sound, i have the AZPS02 cam. nice and lopey
Old 07-29-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Be carefull increasing the rocker ratio if you are not absolutely sure how much room you have before piston to valve contact. And yes, roller lifters must be used on a roller cam.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ yup... you would prolly need to have ur PTV checked if you upped to the 1.75 rockers, for what would probably be a minimal gain, i wouldn't go through the hassle, just stick with the 1.7's the cam was spec'd for... BTW... do you know the specs of your cam? isn't that the cam that the company will not ship?
Old 07-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Teching In

thank you for all your guys help.

yeah when i bought the cam, they asked me nicely to not let the specs of the cam out. the wouldnt even tell me the specs until i bought it. i ask "so how big is the cam?" "BIG" was the only response i got. but lets just say this, i absolutely love the cam, bewtween the cam and the LS6 intake manifold, i went from 13.0 to 12.4 and 12.5. and i dont care about admitting it, i am not the worlds greatest driver. i shift too slow, but i am working on it.

i think that i will go with the 1.7 rockers. i have a couple of plans for the car. i am going to put a FAST 90mm TB and int man. after that just some little stuff i never got around to getting, like smooth air bellow, control arms, tubular K-member, cold air intake, MSD ingintiion packs, 3:73 for my 12 bolt and some bigger squirters. the car already ahs a whole shitload but i am just going to finish it with all this little stuff.