Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone have an autometer 3 gauge pillar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anyone have an autometer 3 gauge pillar?

I just picked one up and wondered what everyone thought of it. It looks/feels a bit cheap to me so I'm wondering how it'll look once I put it on. Also wondering if it was a pain to install and what the fitmen was like. Any feedback/pics would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine in a T/A - they do appear flimsy when you first see them - but once installed they're fine. Fitment on mine was very good.

Install is not hard - just need to get it located in the correct position before drilling the holes and installing the little plastic plugs that hold it on. Don't forget to test fit the pod on your stock pillar post cover first and mark on the stocker where you need to drill the holes for your wiring to go thru. After that its a simple matter of wiring to the gages.

I used modular connectors (Radio Shack) on the end of all my gage wires so that they could be removed easily if necessary. The short wire lengths with connectors tuck into the pod area of the cover with no problem. You won't need to use the gage retainers that come with the gages - the fit between the gages and the pod is very tight - haven't had a gage move on me yet.

-Jay-

Old 08-01-2006, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
I just picked one up and wondered what everyone thought of it. It looks/feels a bit cheap to me so I'm wondering how it'll look once I put it on. Also wondering if it was a pain to install and what the fitmen was like. Any feedback/pics would be appreciated.
I have one, they look great and like they were made with the car.

They are easy to install, just take out your original pillar, place the aftermarket one over the stock one. Decide where you want to dill the holes to mount it. Put the original pillar back on the car, place the new one on top of that, and install the tabs.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Excellent, thanks for the pics/help.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an autometer 3 gauge pillar?