Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does the Volant cai stack up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How does the Volant cai stack up?

How does the Volant cai for LS1's stack up compared to others on the market. Anyone using this product?
Old 08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

I have the one with the dual filters, I could definitely tell it when I changed from the whisper lid.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Firebird is awesome, camaro is ok. Once you get into serious horsepower the compromises with the camaro intake become a problem. The shape of the filter where it necks down to the maf is a problem, there is also a support brace in the middle of the intake for strength that eats flow. The firebird intake should be by far the best flowing one for a f-body, a larger airbox, 3+" dual cone filters sealed to the hood with the intakes right in front of the airbox. Should outflow any lid.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah thats what I was thinking, for my hawk how the ram air ports are right there. Camaro SS is was in the back virtually no flow with the volant it would seem. Ive seen it say up to 18hp and 40ft lbs of tq. I could kinda believe the hp but the tq seems crazy, if thats possible I could only see that on the t/a. But then again I dont believe the 18hp cuz lids claim 12-15 rwhp...and thats just from a lid which imo sucks compared to the volant setup on a t/a.