Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Comp Cams' SC2 custom grind results :D

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ProCharger & Comp Cams/Speed Inc. SC2 results :D

Well, I'm extremely pleased with Comp Cams/Speed Inc. SC2 custom grind cam. The specs are 226/234 duration, .598/.599 lift and 117+2 LSA. What a perfect addition to the P1SC on Bill's car. Drivability is awesome and absolutly no cold start issues. For all those who think you have to have a lower numerical LSA's for a choppy idle...ya better reconsider This cam's throttle response is great and vacuum is about 18 to 22in. depending on the IAC (A/C on or off). The idle is sweet....nice, choppy, but not stupid...you definately know there is a cam in the car. Boost hovered around 6 to 7ish with the 3.2 pulley. We think the factory bypass is horrible so we're upgrading to the mondo tonight. Valvetrain is pretty quiet...I'm suprised considering the lift....no sewing machines under this hood We went from 456rwhp (86deg. day 2 weeks ago at TTP) to 508rwhp/434rwtq (98deg. day on Monday at TTP). Found out that our freshly installed Motron 60's are already at about 82 to 85ish on the duty cycle. Damn...looking to go even bigger soon, maybe 96's in the spring. The power is climbing steady...no drop-off...it will probably spin to 7100+ making sweet power but we're waiting until we upgrade the bottom-end this winter before we get stupid. Comp Cams and Speed Inc.....a big thumbs up for this piece! TTP...As always...thanks guys for a great tune. We'll probably see ya Friday for a another tune after a pulley swap and the Mondo BPV

Last edited by Rabidbandit; 08-03-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same cam with PP Stg2 LS6 heads and full bolt-ons. I made 395whp N/A with a rich and conservative tune. With some more tuning and new ignition coils, I could easily break 400whp. I am planning on building another 402 and using the cam and heads over on it. Maybe later get a D1SC Race kit.

Quick Reply: Comp Cams' SC2 custom grind results :D