Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

meguiars leather conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default meguiars leather conditioner

I love meguairs stuff but last night I used the leather conditioner and it took some of the dye off. It looks like a worn spot now where I used the product. I quickly used the wipes because it has cleaner in it to get the stuff off. I thought I would let ya'll know this can happen. I am not too happy about it.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Is this the red bottle and the product is like a white cream that you have to put on an applicator? If thats it I use it all the time. It hasent done anything like what youve described to my black leather interior.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...that sucks. I've always ignored messages on labels that warn to test the product in an inconspicuous spot...I guess this kind of thing can happen.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is in a clear bottle and is white. I called Meguiars and they told me someone would have to call me back and it would probably be Monday. That part of the seat just looks dried out and faded. It makes me sick when things like this happens. Now I am looking for something to bring it back. I got a quote of 150.00 to replace the panel but I am afraid it won't match the rest of the seat.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 863 Likes on 659 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I've used the Megs Rich Aloe conditioner without any probalems. IMO Duragloss (matte) and Zaino (glossy) soften the leather more.