Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch purchasing question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch purchasing question

is it better to buy a whole clutch set or can I get away with a disc and pressure plate. or even why the pressure plate? I try not to spend money on this ride, its just a daily driver. thanks for any hasty response.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't really care what you get and want to save money, it's proabaly better to just buy a used clutch and PP or and ebay one then it is to buy just the disc or just the pp. If you choose to do just one, you can get the individual components on freadbeans.com. But the disc is like 200 and the pp is like 300. The whole set with flywheel is like 360 so I don't think individual parts will work. Besides, who wants to go into the hasle of pulling a tranny and swapping just one part of a wear item you'll end up having to go back into it more often - big hassle
Old 08-04-2006, 03:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, i ended up going with a clutch disc and pressure plate - centerforce, not the dual friction. my main concern was the throw out bearing and pilot bushing, if i needed those as well, im gonna pick up my pilot bushing through work, and I guess the let the throw out bearing stay as is.