Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Out of the loop question, any TT kits yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Out of the loop question, any TT kits yet?

I stopped coming around about a year ago, Dick in a mercedes totaled my Project SS that I dumped a shitload of money into. Raised enough capital to get another one and a lot of parts, Was wondering if there are any new good TT setups out there or if there were any recommendations for acquiring a TT setup. My budget for the FI parts alone is about 15k. Car is an 02 SS, I'm likely going to replace the entire block so I don't need a kit/setup that is stock motor safe. Searched the forums and saw some nightmares about some guys named hiflo, and other failed twin turbo setups. Are there any GOOD kits still in production? Otherwise.. it's ATI for me, or a complete custom build. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. This would be a street/strip setup, so I am looking for the fastest acceleration possible.
Any insight or help would be appreciated
Thanks for your time.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Speed Inc is releasing one rather soon (In Turbo time that is) and they are the real deal in terms of quality shops. Look for a thread from INTM8 that is about 5,000,000 posts long.

Also there are a few more small companies that will be releasing TT kits and one Australian company that seems to have their **** together from the looks of their GTO kit they have been selling for a year or something like that.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe turbo zone has a twin kit as well.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the tips.. I liked speed inc's stuff, but the street eliminator seemed a bit much, that and I'd have to fab all of the ic piping. If I'm gonna drop a huge wad of cash I would hoipe it'd be more complete, otherwise may as well have the whole thing custom fabricated. Hopefully their TT kit will be more comprehensive.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

GMR Speed has a kit too i believe, but they only do in house installs from what i understand
Old 08-06-2006, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Acinonyx
Thanks for the tips.. I liked speed inc's stuff, but the street eliminator seemed a bit much, that and I'd have to fab all of the ic piping. If I'm gonna drop a huge wad of cash I would hoipe it'd be more complete, otherwise may as well have the whole thing custom fabricated. Hopefully their TT kit will be more comprehensive.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/537009-new-twin-turbo-system-pics.html

here is the thread, it looks bad *** and will be complete.