Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Gas/O2 Sensor Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Race Gas/O2 Sensor Problems

My car had been missing randomly on the whole driver side bank so i switched coil bank sides and problem still read .2V on one side and .7v roughly when it was missing on the other. So i switched o2 sensors and the problem moved.
This happened after a tank or two of 110 leaded i assume. This sensor must have been on its last leg if it went that quick?
When i go buy an oxygen sensor at a parts store does it come with that long cord to attach to the connector?
It looked like it was all one piece.
Please let me know, cuz if i have to order it elsewhere i need to be ready by next weekend.

THANKS!!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

when you buy it ues it will come with the wires and connector. It is to use the vette rear O2 sensors(#13111) as they have a little better heating element in them and they come with longer wires on the connector.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:33 AM
12 Second Club

Oh so get the #13111 for my front oxy sensors?
Where do u typically buy these, online or parts stores?
Is this a gm number?

THANKS
Old 08-07-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

you should be able to get them from any Orielly's(where I got mine) or autozone. they are Bosch O2's so I guess 13111 is the number bosch gives them.. I have a fellow Ls1 addict friend that works there and I told him I needed O2's and he knew to get those. So if they can't look up the number tell them you need the Bosch rear O2 sensors for a 2000 vette.

here's a few links to related threads that the search found.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=13111

Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Launching!

i told you if you bought gas from university station you would throw codes. its probably nothing to do with the 02's just bad gas. thats my thought. let me know when your in town next and i can help you i went through 6 of those damn things in 2 months.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nahasapeemapetalon
My car had been missing randomly on the whole driver side bank so i switched coil bank sides and problem still read .2V on one side and .7v roughly when it was missing on the other. So i switched o2 sensors and the problem moved.
This happened after a tank or two of 110 leaded i assume. This sensor must have been on its last leg if it went that quick?
When i go buy an oxygen sensor at a parts store does it come with that long cord to attach to the connector?
It looked like it was all one piece.
Please let me know, cuz if i have to order it elsewhere i need to be ready by next weekend.

THANKS!!
Leaded gas will definitely foul out NB 02 sensors pretty quickly.

Nate