What could be wrong with the car now??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What could be wrong with the car now??

Driving the car Wednesday night. Buddy and I were sitting in the car at a redlight talking, and then the car just shut off. Didn't make any noises or anything. It just shut off. Tried to start it back up, and it wouldn't start. You turn the key and it sounds like the belts and stuff are trying to move, but they don't. It only lasts for like a second. I've only had the car back for 3 weeks now. Is it an electrical problem? Is it losing power somewhere? A ground wire or something? We tried to jump it, and that didn't change anything? We got the car home and my buddy Derek came over Thursday night. He seemed to think the motor was locked to begin with. He got under the car and tried to turn the crank. Got a socket & torque wrench out, tried to turn the crank, and it didn't budge. Is that an indication the motor is locked? (and the car was in neutral) I don't have a clue, so maybe someone can offer some advice/help.

TIA
James
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

pull the spark plugs, put it in neutral. See if it turns. Sometimes it's hard to turn the engine with the plugs still in.

maybe the PCM?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
pull the spark plugs, put it in neutral. See if it turns. Sometimes it's hard to turn the engine with the plugs still in.

maybe the PCM?
I'll try that when I get home and see what happens.