Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

1st gear stick??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1st gear stick??

I have an '01 SS that has 100K on the clock. Now I still have the stock/factory clutch in. I am running into a problem where when I rev the engine too high(1750-2250+) starting in first the clutch pedal pushes back on my foot and then when i go to change out of first I push the clutch pedal in and it will not shift out of first until i release and push the pedal in again. And if this situation occurs and I have to come to a stop and only push the pedal in and not release the car drives forward as if it were an automatic and then on beginning to go again it grabs when the pedal just barely comes off the floor. Also on starting the car, sometimes I have to push the clutch pedal in and out to find the "sweet spot" for the car to start. Anyone got ideas as to what the problem could be? I'm thinking clutch, but it doesn't slip at all when I get on it. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

run on sentence? maybe im just tired....it sounds like hydraulics with a mix of saftey switch or maybe just safety switch. Turn car off. Look under the dash and make sure the pedal hits the safety switch. Replace switch? Man I'm tired.