Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP high flow cats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP high flow cats?

I have been shopping around for my future exhaust set up and found the slp high flow cats. Are these worth $350 and if not what are other alternatives to these cats?

I plan on getting the XS headers off of ebay, getting the edelbrock ory and welding in some cats, but i just dont know which ones. I would go true duals but its a lot more and i want this NOW!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

I don't know if the Texas Speed and Performance y-pipe will work with those headers (I think it should...aren't those headers modeled or very similar to the pacesetters?)...but if it does, you can buy the catted-y for less than you can buy the cats themselves (magnaflow cats).
Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

I was thinking of doing that but the edelbrock y looks like it flows better than the tsp. Plus its openings are 3.5'', the same as the headers so less modding required.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

True, but me personally, if I had the time to do it again, I would probably buy the cats and get a reputable shop to fab a y-pipe up. This ensures the best fit possible for the exact workable dimensions of your particular set-up. the "over the counter" y's work well, but are known to have some problems due to the variability in the cars and the set ups. And of course, they're cheaper and are more convienient for people who work 50 hrs a week and can't take their cars to the exhaust shop due to time constraints (me )
Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

I mean, buy the TSP catted-y for $300 (almost $100 less than the cats themselves)...put the pieces not attached to the cats in your spare parts bin...take the cats to the shop and tell them to make you a new happy customer who can promote their shop further
Old 08-07-2006, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

And BINGO was his nameO!!! lol
Thats all I have done with my past cars as well as my present. I have had nothing but great luck with a local exhaust shop here in EP, TX with making my y-pipes for me as well as all my friends. If they know what they are doing, it will be less painful for them to make a y then for you to struggle with a already made one.