Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced Ford Lighting.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Raced Ford Lighting.........

I went to a car show tonite and im on the highway going home. I see a lighting so i decide to jump at him a few times to see if he would take the bait. I dont know much about lightings, i just knew it was supercharged. After jumping a few times he doesnt do anything. So i just leave him alone. Next thing i know i hear his SC screaming and he flys by me. So i catch him and i drop it to 3rd at like 60mph. So he floors it and so do i and were side by side through 3rd but had to let off because of traffic. We line up again and we both hit it and through 3rd gear were even i shift into 4th and put about a car on him and he slows down. After that he wouldnt even get on the side of me again. I was pretty surprised by the results, i thought we would be even or he might win. I didnt think i would throw any lengths on him. I think the lighting had a pulley and maybe exhaust because it was to loud to be stock.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran a lightning ( slightly modded) the other day ..coo dude wateva .. and we raced a good 5 times already...and i have beat him all times... they are quick off the start cuz of the s/c.. but i would pull on him at the end like always...good kill BTW!!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:28 AM
11 Second Club

the SC'ers are very loud stock or not. must have had sumthin done tho.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

nice kill! as soon as i get my car back im going to run this one in town, all i could get out of him about his mods is 'its not the stock engine' which i already knew since he blew up his stocker other than that i know he has full exhaust, pulley swap and dyno tunning... the engine is a big question mark tho...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

When my LT1 was stock I ran several Ls from stoplights... would always be a close race up until the end when they would pull me back to their front tire. (My nose would usually be almost even with the drivers door)...

I wanted to get one but after watching one grenade on I-80 one night I decided against it.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Up top it would take a lot of power for a Lightning to keep up with F-Body aerodynamics. Ive always wanted to see one with gears run the 1/8th though. Seems like they would be great short race/hole shot machines if they can put it down.