Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Well i need to hook

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well i need to hook

i'm getting my tci 3800 stall with 2.5 str installed soon and i want to beable to hook at the track when i go, but at the same time i dont want to break my rear end...so does anyone have any dr's in mine that will help
thanks for the advice
Old 08-13-2006, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you hook, there is a great chance you will break the rear. Any way you look at it, the harder you hook, the more stress you place on your driveline components. I had nittos with stock converter and didn't break anything. Of course, I left from idle and only made about 3 or 4 passes on them at the track.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had 3800 and 315 nittos, dead hook everytime leaving at any rpm i tried and stock rear is still fine, my buddy had a 408 and spray with a TH350 and stock rear with a girdle and his rearend held up fine, but you never know
Old 08-14-2006, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the advice...anyone else?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're far less likely to snap your rearend with your A4 than a M6. Mainly due to the fact that you can 'preload' the rearend when you stall the car up at the line, allowing the force to be more gradual than a sudden shot like dumping a clutch. The way the torque convertor works (fluid instead of metal to metal) it's going to allow for smoother operation without the hard impact of a clutch. Another good thing is the TCI series street convertors are more 'friendly' to the drivetrain than other brands because they don't hit as hard.
Go with the stickiest tire you can afford to replace (mt et street radial) and hope everything stays together, anything can happen but your odds are better than a M6 car.