Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

90' Coupe vs. LT1 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 05:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90' Coupe vs. LT1 Z28

Last night I went to get something to eat in my 90 5.0 Coupe which has(Intake, 70mm tb, edelbrock IM, E303 cam, bbk shorty headers, h-pipe, 3.55's). As I was coming back there was a LT1 Z28 at the light with 2 guys in it. As I stopped they revved up and so did I. Well he starts creeping forward so I do also and then the light turns green and we both take off. My tires are spinning a tad bit so I take my foot off the throttle slightly and when I feel the car catch I stomp on it again. He is about a fender on me at the end of first, as I hit 2nd I start pulling on him and keep the pull going into the middle of 3rd with me about 2.5 cars on him or so. So I slow down and he comes up to me and rolls the window down and asks me what is done to it and I tell him. His passenger then tells me that he has a 99 A4 Z28 with just a catback exhaust and if I wanted to race that. I then laughing tell him that I have a '04 Cobra at the house also and he then replys oh nevermind then . I then tell him Ill run the Z28 for fun in the Coupe and he said he will be out this wknd with it and he'll be at the local hangout spot. So I guess ill see how I do against a A4 Z28 this wknd.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RED04Z06
Last night I went to get something to eat in my 90 5.0 Coupe which has(Intake, 70mm tb, edelbrock IM, E303 cam, bbk shorty headers, h-pipe, 3.55's). As I was coming back there was a LT1 Z28 at the light with 2 guys in it. As I stopped they revved up and so did I. Well he starts creeping forward so I do also and then the light turns green and we both take off. My tires are spinning a tad bit so I take my foot off the throttle slightly and when I feel the car catch I stomp on it again. He is about a fender on me at the end of first, as I hit 2nd I start pulling on him and keep the pull going into the middle of 3rd with me about 2.5 cars on him or so. So I slow down and he comes up to me and rolls the window down and asks me what is done to it and I tell him. His passenger then tells me that he has a 99 A4 Z28 with just a catback exhaust and if I wanted to race that. I then laughing tell him that I have a '04 Cobra at the house also and he then replys oh nevermind then . I then tell him Ill run the Z28 for fun in the Coupe and he said he will be out this wknd with it and he'll be at the local hangout spot. So I guess ill see how I do against a A4 Z28 this wknd.
Good run I wonder what would of happened if you would of hooked? if you run his 99 post up and let know what happens.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Yah It spun a slight too much. The car is sitting on "10 holes" which also are too small for the car also. One of my good friends has some MT DR's on some rims, might have to use those, lol.