Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help I think I just screwed up my new walbro

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help I think I just screwed up my new walbro

I have an 02 ss camaro. I installed my new 255 walbro Friday. So far every thing is fine. Try not to laugh at this next part. You know that little tube that plugs on the top of the oe pump. Well, I JB welded that thing to this little hole on top of the walbro pump. After reading the walbro fail thread. I new mine was next. What I don't get, where to cut at the bottom of the bucket? So far I have drove the car for 20 miles. So I think I can still save my pump. Please Help.
Thanks Terry
Old 08-15-2006, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

OK so whats the problem? some JB weld smudged on the top of it is not going to kill it. and if you are driving with it? I get the tip of the pump out the bottom of the bucket.

Nate
Old 08-15-2006, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Thats not the problem, inside the pump assem. there is a small hose. The purpose of this hose is to draw fuel into the bucket threw the bottom strainer, and the pump pulls it out. On top of the stock pump there is a small nipple where the small hose plugs into. The wallbro doesn,t have this nipple, but it dose have a hole where it would go, or so you would think so.

So me and my bud bad n black hammered the nipple into the hole, and then found out its not even suposed to go there, and that if stays there it will burn out the pump. It makes me wounder if all the blowen up wallbros are just from bad installs or bad pumps.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

We also did not modify are buckets yet. We need to know where to cut the buckets.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

nitrous can be very bad!! Just look at this vid.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...7c2a7ede80.htm
Old 08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
FormerVendor

You have to modify the bucket alot to ge the pump to sit in there correctly. Like I said i try and get the bottom of the pump just peeking out the bottom of the bucket so that the filter sock is outside the bucket and then do a couple of holes on the side to flood the pump inside the bucket. The pump install is not easy and should be done by someone whom understands how it works and what needs to be done. You also may have wrecked the pump by hammering the nipple into the top I am unsure there. And yes I completely agree with you on most of the failling pumps being the installer error.

Nate
Old 08-16-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by headsupkid01
nitrous can be very bad!! Just look at this vid.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...7c2a7ede80.htm
Isn't that the driver's error though? No car that nice needs to be messed with!